Tung Shin Hospital, Kuala
Tung Shin Hospital, previously known as Pooi Shin Thong was founded
in 1881 by Kapitan Cina Yap Kwan Seng to provide traditional medical
care. In 1894, it changed its name to Tung Shin Hospital, a non-profit
organization providing Western and Traditional Chinese medical treatment.
It is located in the heart of the city centre and is a five-minute
walk from major shopping centres in the Golden Triangle and Chinatown.
The Western Medical Department
is a 10-storey building completed in 1989. The department provides
multiple discipline medical services. It has 238 beds and 91 specialist
consultants, providing a 24-hour clinic and ambulance service.
The Chinese Medical Department
is a 12-storey building which was completed in February 2006. The
department currently houses eight local doctors and seven doctors
from China. With a total of 108 beds, the department is dedicated
to promoting traditional Chinese medicine.
At Tung Shin Hospital, patients
are assured access to both Western and Chinese Medicine. The ultimate
goal of the institution is to strive in providing medical attention
that is affordable and to treat our patients with care. With a wide
range of specialities, patients will be able to have more choices
in seeking treatment for their ailments.